HOLIDAY GIFT PALOOZA PART 4: my go-to chocolate chip cookies
*Note: these, like my ginger cookies, came out flat. Try refrigerating your dough before baking. I’ll try it next time, and I think it may help.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased, parchment paper lined pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.