HOLIDAY GIFT PALOOZA PART 2: fruity cookies.
While I was fairly positive I took pictures of all my cookie creations, I can’t find any but my caramels, so excuse the less colorful nature of these next few posts. Note: my cookies ended up looking like the recipe’s pictures, YAY! Also, more than one person told me this was their favorite cookie, so it’s a crowd pleaser.
Thanks Cookies & Cups!
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, melted (I probably would have left off the drizzle of white chocolate, just because I don’t have a double boiler so it was difficult, and I think the cookies work fine without it.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Beat in brown sugar for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and beat until evenly mixed. Turn mixer to low and add in flour.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and chopped cranberries. Chill dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are golden and centers are just set.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Finally mix in melted white chocolate, beating until incorporated.
- Spread frosting on top of cookies.
- To garnish, sprinkle remaining chopped dried cranberries on top of cookies, evenly distributing them among all the cookies. Finally, drizzle melted chocolate on top.