Another simple, super vegetable-y dinner. Yahoo!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced (I like cremini)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped (about 8-10 leaves) (dried works too if that’s all you have)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 400F. Rub spaghetti squash halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and place on a baking sheet cut side up. Roast for 30 minutes, flip squash and roast for another 30 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally til brown, 5-6 minutes. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and garlic, cooking for about a minute. Turn the heat off, add the golden raisins to the pan and cover with a lid.
When the spaghetti squash is done, let cool for 5 minutes. With a fork, shred the meat of the squash and place it directly into the pan of mushrooms. Add the Parmesan, parsley, basil, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Stir well to combine. Season with salt & pepper and serve.