This was a quick and easy recipe from Mario Batalli’s Babbo cookbook.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 heads caulifower, cut into 1 inch chunks (I only used one head and thought it was enough, but more cauliflower never hurts …)
- 1 lb ziti
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and add 2 tbsp of salt.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over high heat until almost smoking. Add the onion, mint, red pepper flakes, and garlic, and saute over medium-high heat until the garlic is just golden, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Cook the ziti in the boiling water according to the package directions, until tender yet al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the cauliflower. Toss over high heat for 1 minute, then serve immediately.