These green beans rocked; thanks to Food 52.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add generous amount of salt and add green beans. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for about 2 minutes. You want it to get pretty hot by itself. Add oil and coat the pan. Add the green beans and saute for about 2-4 minutes, or until they start to brown.
3. Make a well in the center of the skillet and add garlic, ginger powder, and red pepper flakes. Slowly start to incorporate the green beans, until everything is well mixed.
Stir in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve fresh and hot as a great side or snack!