While ideally I would like to buy tahini at some point, I appreciate that this hummus recipe consists of mainly things I always have in our home. Thanks Alton!
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and liquid reserved
- 2 to 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- A handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop the garlic finely in a food processor.
- Add the beans and ½ of the reserved liquid and process finely or to desired consistency.
- Add the peanut butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice, black pepper, and salt.
- Process until it forms a paste.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and process until it reaches the consistency of mayonnaise. [I like to sprinkle paprika on top!]