This comes from our old CSA at Maude’s Market (we miss you!).
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 ⅔ cup pecan pieces
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- About ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in sage and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in nuts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, and ½ cup Parmesan. Stir in nut mixture. Divide stuffing among squash halves, sprinkle with more Parmesan, and bake until tender when pierced with a fork and tops are brown, about 45 minutes.