I made these for a friendies wine night!
- 1 baguette
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 1 large sweet potato, or two small ones
- A few oz of ricotta, depending on the thickness you want to spread on the bread
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and cut up your sweet potato into small cubes. Toss the sweet potato cubes in olive oil, a little salt and pepper, spread them out on a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 15-30 minutes, checking the cubes every so often to see if they’re tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, take them out and turn the oven’s broiler on. Slice up your baguette into ½ inch pieces or to the thickness you prefer. Brush each side of the baguette with olive oil, then place the slices on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Be VERY CAREFUL at this point. They will burn in a second. Really only broil each side 1-2 minutes. Once done, take out of the oven.
- Once the baguette slices and sweet potato are cool enough to handle. Start constructing your crostini! Spread the ricotta on the bread slice, then lightly pepper. Add a spoonful of sweet potato cubes on top the ricotta and then top the sweet potato with arugula leaves (either full leaf, or if they’re too big, ripped up into more manageable pieces).
- Then serve!