Easy & delicious weeknight meal, via Joy the Baker.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream (or whole milk is great too)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ cup whole-milk ricotta
Place rack in center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat oil in a 9-inch, oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and saute until browned and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. While onions are cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, fresh herbs , salt and pepper.
When the onions are done cooking, reduce heat to low. Add the egg mixture and allow to cook and set over low heat, about 8 minutes.
Dollop ricotta over eggs in six dollops. Place frittata in the oven to finish baking. Bake for 10 minutes, or until eggs are set and no longer giggle (or jiggle) in the center.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.