This is delicious with or without booze! Via Smitten Kitchen.
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) melted salted butter
- ¾ to 1 cup (145 to 190 grams) light brown sugar (depending on the level of sweetness you prefer, I always use the smaller amount)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) cinnamon
- Up to ½ teaspoon (1) nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups (190 grams) flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and bourbon, then the spices. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.