Wonderful summer recipe via Cooks Illustrated.
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 375 degrees. Toss tomatoes, shallot, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, oregano, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and pepper flakes together in bowl.
Spread tomato mixture out over aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast, without stirring, on lower rack until tomatoes are softened and skins begin to shrivel, about 30 minutes.
Add roasted tomato mixture and any accumulated juices to bowl with drained, cooked pasta and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with basil and serve.