These were beyond delicious! However, I think the ONLY way for them to be so is to use fresh herbs, and feel free to mix/match the fresh herbs you have. Via Food52.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup oil [I used canola]
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese [Or other cheese, I used parmesan and really enjoyed it]
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (I used parsley, rosemary, and thyme) [I used basil and Italian parsley]
Note: Makes 9 muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add the milk, oil, and beaten egg and stir to combine. Don’t overmix!
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes. This will help the muffins dome better.
- Add the cheese and herbs and stir lightly to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin (or a tin lined with papers). Fill each one about halfway.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the tops. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.