A quick 5 ingredient dinner. It’s sort of like what carbonara would be like if it were a soup of sorts … Via Food52.
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ½ pound fresh pasta (I used linguine but capellini or spaghetti works just as well. If you don’t have fresh, dried works great, also.)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano, plus some to serve (Parmesan also works.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of lemon zest (optional)
- If using fresh pasta, bring the broth or stock to a boil in a large saucepan, add the peas, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the fresh pasta and cook for about 3 minutes. If using dried pasta, add the pasta into the broth before the peas. Cook the pasta for 3 minutes, then add the peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg then add the grated cheese and combine. Remove pot from the heat and pour the egg mixture in slowly, while continuing to stir the pasta to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste, and a pinch of lemon zest if you like. Serve with more cheese grated on top.