If you read this blog, then I’m sure you’re familiar with my dis-ease with salads. I just don’t get what all the fuss is about! But I’m trying, and I will say that this was both tasty and filling! I borrowed ideas from Joy the Baker and Shockingly Delicious.
- 1 (5-ounce) can albacore tuna
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion, sliced paper thin
- several large leaves kale, stem removed and leaves cut in a chiffonade (depending on how much greens you want)
- a couple green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks thinly sliced celery
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, drained
- a handful of sliced almonds
- olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt (taste salad before adding)
- grated parmesan cheese
- Toss kale in a large bowl with a splash of olive oil, rice vinegar, and/or lemon (your dressing preference!). Season with a bit of salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine tuna, green onion, red onion, and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tuna mixture and sliced almonds to the kale bowl. Toss to combine. Garnish with parmesan as desired.