I’m super late to the harissa party, but I’m sure glad I’m here now! Via Food & Wine.
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound small carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound small parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes, quartered
- Freshly ground pepper
- PREPARE THE ROASTED VEGETABLES Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven so it preheats at the same time.
- PREPARE THE ROASTED VEGETABLES In a large bowl, whisk the harissa with the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest and water. Add the carrots, parsnips, fennel and potatoes and toss to coat the vegetables in the harissa marinade and season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the hot baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the root vegetables are browned.
Serve over couscous, or just eat it however the hell you want to.