I tend to be a citrus bar person, but I needed an easily share-able and packable (aka not too messy) bar, and these were a nice fit! Via Taste of Home.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. [Yield: 3 dozen.]