A lovely, quick weeknight recipe. You can spice it up as you wish [some of the recipe comments have excellent suggestions for add-ins]. I just added a bit of fresh thyme. Nom nom via NYT.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest, plus more for serving
- ½ pound fresh or dried linguine [I used fusilli, because it’s what I had…]
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra cheese to serve on the side
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Drop the linguine into the boiling water. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Once the pasta is nearly al dente, heat the butter in a skillet and add the lemon zest.
- Add the cream to the butter and lemon zest mixture. Add the pasta and lemon juice and stir until just heated through. Add the Parmesan and toss. Serve with additional Parmesan and lemon zest on the side.