A great vegan option for our recent Superbowl Party via Two Peas & Their Pod. [Sorry for the terrible picture!]
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the black bean dip in a bowl. Serve with tortilla chips and/or cut up vegetables.