- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ounces chopped green chile (1/2 a small can) or 1 roasted, peeled, and chopped poblano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, salt, baking soda, and water and mix until incorporated. Add to beaten eggs. Add Sourdough Starter to mixture and beat with wooden spoon. Do not beat too long.
- Stir in corn, grated cheese, chopped green chile, cumin, scallions and cilantro.
- Spoon on griddle in 1/4 cup amounts. When bubbles appear on top of pancakes, turn over. Cook until golden brown.
*I garnish my pancakes with black beans, salsa, avocado, sour cream– really whatever I have around that day!