So fresh! Via Food & Wine.
- 6 cups homemade or good-quality store-bought chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie or roast chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups leaf spinach (about 2 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- In a medium pot, bring the chicken stock to a simmer over moderate heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and cheese.
- Slowly add the egg mixture into the hot stock, stirring constantly, until the eggs are just set, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken and peas and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and basil and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.